You know what I am talking about, don’t you? You just got home from your vacation and are settling back into the old routine of working, working out and eating healthy after letting yourself get away with just about anything during your trip and you already feel like you’re in need of a vacation again 🙂 That’s what I call the post-vacation blues. So, how are you gonna beat it? Let me know if you have any good suggestions. In the meantime, here are my suggestions on how to beat the post-vacation blues:
- Enjoy all the things you usually can’t do during your vacation: home-cooked food, your comfy bath robe, the fun work-out (I like Zumba :)), etc.
- Treat yourself to something nice like a massage, a mani/pedi, a long walk in the park, … The possibilities are endless.
- Reconnect with your friends back home and go out: meet for coffee or dinner and talk what happened at home during the vacation or share details from your trip.
- Enjoy the memories of your recent trip. Start downloading the pictures. Maybe make a nice album on Facebook or create an actual album for the coffee table (online or the good old-fashioned way of scrap-booking). Write your blog – my posts will come soon 😉
- And last, but not least…. plan your next trip. While my next long trip abroad is in the more distant future, I am planning a quick girlfriend getaway this weekend. Anything to get you out of your routine again and prolong that vacation feeling a little bit.
And now I am gonna get away from my computer, follow my own good advice and go to work out. I’ll probably be really bad since I haven’t worked out in 3 weeks, but at least it’ll be fun – hopefully! Upbeat Zumba music, here I come…
© 2011, Country Skipper. All rights reserved.