- Scuba diving with dolphins. I lived in Egypt for a year a while ago and still visit often. I meet family and friends and we enjoy the beach, sea, and underwater world together. And scuba diving with dolphins? Takes the cake: peaceful & exciting at the same time!
- Birthday picnic on the Champ de Mars in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris with baguette & tartlette aux fraises (curtesy of my amazing boyfriend).
- Winter in Germany. Visiting home is always fun! Especially when I get to combine visiting friends, family, having Gluehwein in front of the cathedral in Cologne at the Weihnachtsmarkt, and walking home in the snow.
- Road trips in my new home, Texas. One that stands out? Listening to the symphony in Zilker Park and watching fireworks over Austin on the 4th of July.
- Visiting the Christmas market on Piazza Navona in Rome on December 31st as a warm-up for the New Year’s party later.
- Discovering Boston with Marco: walking until our feet hurt, whale watching, eating in the North End, and much more.
- Skiing in Santa Fe: the view from the Sangre de Cristo mountains combined with awesome powder in priceless!
- Having dozens of Chinese taking pictures of us while we are trying to take pictures standing on the Great Wall of China.
- Taking long walks on the beach in Brittany in winter.
- Visiting Macau for my 30th birthday: Portuguese & Chinese cultures are a fascinating mix.
© 2011, Country Skipper. All rights reserved.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!