We just landed in China and we have some time to kill before our connecting flight to Guangzhou. What better to do than finally end my blogging hiatus and write a few words again?! So, here are my new and old China impressions in no particular order:
– English doesn’t get you anywhere.
– Plastic bags and cartons are appropriate carry ons. Backpacks? Overrated!
– Staring is a-ok. I feel like a freak already and it’s only been a few hours. People actually stop to get a better look. What’s wrong with me?
– Burberry is the most copied and coveted brand… Bags, purses, scarves,
and shirts abound.
– Big shiny puffy plastic jackets are all the rage for guys.
– Lines are suggestions rather than something you have to stick to.
– Personal space? What’s that?
– Fake Starbucks makes pretty decent coffee.
– Signs include noodle bowls for Chinese restaurants and forks and knives for Western food.
© 2012, Country Skipper. All rights reserved.